Casual Cuisine At The Village Café
At the heart of Briarcliff Village sits the Café, overlooking the Downtown skyline. The center of life in every Tuscan villa, the Café is a place to gather friends for a meal or relax after a busy day. Sit outside on our patio and watch the sun over the cliffs. Visit our cozy cafeteria for some local cuisine, using homegrown ingredients and recipes by area chefs. Fine wine and cocktails are served at our bar, overseen by industry veteran Steve Smith. And shoppers on the go can find pastries, sandwiches, box lunches, and even take-home meals prepared on request. Ask a member of the Café staff about catering your next event.
Phone: (816) 505-2221
Executive Chef Thomas Belisle has been a chef for more than 20 years. He met his wife, Sara, while serving as the Executive Chef for a railway. He also was the General Manager of the KC food operations of Midwest Airlines during a major growth period. Executive Chef Thomas has owned his own restaurant and served as the chef for other restaurants and organizations.
Executive Chef Thomas says: “I look forward to meeting our guests and interacting with them, receiving feedback about The Cafe at Briarcliff, our food, and our service”.
Starters & Salads
Starters, Flatbreads and Soups
For full menu and details CLICK HERE.
- Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes: Seared to a Golden Brown served on Sushi Rice. Drizzled with a Roasted Pepper and Orange Butter.
- Spinach Dip: A Zesty Blend of Cheeses, Spinach, Artichokes and Special Spices. Served with Tomato and Freshly Fried Tortilla Chips.
- Trio of Hummus: Kalamata Olive, Roasted Red Pepper, and Traditional Garlic Herb Hummus. Served with Grilled Pita Bread.
- Chicken Quesadilla: Flour Tortilla Stuffed with Fresh Chicken, Bacon, Mixed Peppers, Onions and Monterrey Jack Cheese. Served with Guacamole and Sour Cream.
- Tuscan Citrus Bruschetta:Sliced and Grilled Crostini topped with sauteed Grape Tomatoes, Fresh Basil, Drizzled with a Balsamic Glaze, Sprinkled with Shredded Parmesan.
- Wild Mushroom Flatbread: Roasted Mushrooms, Mozzarella, Black Tiger Shrimp, Spinach and Pesto on Toasted Flatbread. Drizzled with Olive Oil and Dusted with Parmesan Cheese.
- Garlic Roasted Chicken and Spinach Flatbread: Home Made Flat Bread with a Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce, Fire Roasted Chicken with Fresh Spinach and Artichokes topped with Mozzarella Cheese.
- Margarita Flatbread: Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Fresh Mozzarella, Basil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Pesto.
- The Café Tomato Basil
- Chef’s Soup of the Day
- The Cafe House Salad: Mixed Greens, Mozzarella, Tomato and Fried Parsnips.
- The Cafe Cobb: Romaine Lettuce, Smoked Bacon, Boiled Egg, Blue Cheese, Diced Tomato, Avocado and Grilled Chicken.
- Berry Spinach: Baby Spinach, Goat Cheese, Candied Walnuts, Fresh Seasonal Berries and Grilled Chicken. With Our Raspberry Vinaigrette.
- Coconut Chicken Salad: Mixed Greens, Boiled Egg, Tomato, Avocado, Sweet Corn, Coconut-Fried Chicken and Honey Mustard Dressing.
- The Guapo Salad: Fried Tortilla Strips with Shredded Romaine, Pico de Gallo, Avocado, Cheddar Cheese, Black Beans and Chicken. Tossed in a Ranch and Tomatillo Salsa Dressing.
- Grilled Salmon Salad: Baby Spinach, English Cucumbers, Pear Tomatoes, Capers, Boiled Egg and Shaved Red Onion with White Balsamic.
- Steak and Bleu Salad: Mixed Greens with Sliced Steak Broiled to your Perfection with Walnuts, Bleu Cheese, Red Onions and Fresh Strawberries.
Sandwiches & Entrees
Sandwiches and Wraps
For full menu and details CLICK HERE.
- Chicken Salad: House-Made Apple Walnut Chicken Salad. Made with your choice of a Flour Tortilla or Toasted Whole Wheat.
- Chipotle Chicken: Slow-Braised in a Flour Tortilla or Grilled Butter Bun with Smoked Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Swiss Cheese and Chipotle Mayonnaise.
- Reuben: Corned Beef, Swiss Cheese, Sauerkraut and Thousand Island. On Marble Rye.
- Blackened Salmon Sandwich: Topped with Grilled Onions, Melted Provolone with an Avocado Aioli. Served on Foccacia.
- Cafe B.L.T.: Applewood Smoked Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato with Sliced Avocado and Cherry Jalapeno Mayo on Whole Wheat.
- Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwich: Slow Smoked Pork seasoned with Three Little PigsTM Cherry Rub, Topped with your choice of Sweet Smoky or Spicy All- Natural BBQ Sauce.
- Smoked Prime Rib Sandwich: Thinly Sliced Smoked Prime Rib, Sliced Tomatoes, Drizzled with our Marsala Demi Glaze. Topped with Caramelized Onion and Mozzarella. Served with Au Jus on Foccacia.
- Cafe Blue Ribbon Winner BBQ Sandwich: Choice of Ham, Turkey, Chicken, Pork or Brisket. Your choice of Smoked meat served on Thick Sliced Italian Bread or Bun with either Sweet Smoky or Spicy All-Natural Three Little PigsTM BBQ Sauce.
Burgers and Veggie Burgers
- The Café Burger
- Patty Melt
- California Burger
- Western Burger
- Black Bean Burger
- Portabella Burger
- Sweet Potato Veggie Pasta
- Tequila Lime Chicken
- Cafe Carbonara
- Cajun Steak Pasta
The Cafe Specialties
- Liver and Onions
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Salmon
- Mahi Mahi
- Chicken Marsala
- BBQ Ribs
- Burnt Ends
- Smokes & Sliced Dinner
- Smoked Prime Rib