Fashion is a personal art. For most of us, looking like we stepped off the runway in New York is a silly idea; we want to combine trends with original pieces that express who we truly are. Owner Dawn Gore of Amelia’s Boutique has stressed time and again the importance of finding your own style. “We are boutiques here at Briarcliff,” she says. “Our clothes are original. They turn around very quickly. But that means you won’t find everyone else in town wearing the same outfit.”
As Fall 2012 approaches, and many of us gear up for “back to school” shopping (whether we’re actually in school or not), the fashion experts of Briarcliff are making sure their customers know what’s in style. But best of all, each merchant does it with a special, unique flair. So you can find the boutique that’s uniquely you.
Below are a few sample images from Amelia’s Fall 2012 Look Book. With it, we’ve provided some tips on what you can expect to see local fashionistas sporting come September. But this is only the beginning. Be sure to check our website for upcoming stories on other boutiques.
Fall Trends 2012
1. Red Light, Go. Forget basic black and go for crimson as the staple color of fall.
2. Ethnic Adventure. Exotic prints remain popular for yet another year, so find your sense of adventure.
3. Vintage Jewelry. It’s not going out of style anytime soon.
4. Solid Gold. Metallic bags are worth their weight.
5. Hand Me My Leather. Jackets are key, but the very bold will sport it from head to toe.
6. Bright Pants. Colors are the bottom line.
7. Cowboy Couture. No, you won’t find boots at New York Fashion Week. But this is Kansas City. Celebrate your one-of-a-kind style.